Tuesday, September 1, 2026

August Recap

This month has been quiet, and maybe in a good way? You know what they say about the calm before the storm though...

Last month I alluded to a "big life update"...and I'm glad to finally be able to share the news. After 15+ years with the same company, I handed in my resignation and am starting a new position at a new company next week.

It was a bittersweet goodbye. My old company was a good place to work until it wasn't. Everything came undone about two and a half months ago. I was stressed all the time and miserable both inside and out. Something had to change. 

I was very nervous about jumping into job searching/interviewing after being more than a decade away from it all but when the right doors opened, they were thrown open. I'm looking forward to the new adventure and hope to find the appropriate work-life balance again. Wish me luck! 

The kids finished up their final week of summer camp and day care the first week of August. W and I both took some needed PTO to enjoy family time together. We did a ton of pool swimming at our friend's house and day trips to Legoland. Our season passes paid off handily and then some.  

This month was also full of administrative family stuff. It's boring but had to be done. Both kids are starting new schools this year and there were a ton of forms and records to fill out to secure enrollment and aftercare services. Parenting is seriously the ultimate multitasking flex. 

C won a summer reading raffle at our town library! It was a super cute prize package. He kept the Jellycat stuffy and books but gave the cute little duck nightlight to his little sister. T loves it and uses it every night. 

We had a free day and did a drive down to Princeton. There was a torrential downpour at one point during the day. Here are some progression photos....




The last two photos were taken barely 3 minutes apart. It was crazy! Flash floods are no joke. 

We celebrated me getting my job offer/starting a new job with dinner at Kura. It is wildly overpriced but the kids love the sushi conveyor belts and seeing robots deliver our drinks. 

Another birthday party! 

And my baby girl started at her new school! She marched right into her classroom and had a really good first day. She also went potty at school and asked for help when needed. I was SO proud. 

I had a more serious face version of this photo but I wanted to share one that captured her sass and personality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment