This has been an interesting month of ups and downs. I'm hoping to have better news in a couple weeks or so...but for now, on to the main event.
W and I celebrated our 7-year anniversary this year! We took the day off and enjoyed a day filled with our favorite creature comforts. It was a wonderful day.
I recently got back into the collecting side of the Pokemon TCG and have now made it my goal master set my OGs, Growlithe and Arcanine. We attended our very first card show this past month and C seemed to really enjoy it. One of the vendors was so generous to gift him a 4 little pocket card binder to store his growing collection.
Our town opened a new playground and splashpad. We had a free afternoon one weekend and decided to go check it out. The splashpad was small but the water features were enough to keep the kids busy and cool.
I didn't take a picture of it but RIP to the house's old A/C unit. It of course conveniently chose to stop working during the worst heat wave of the summer. We managed to get a good deal on a new unit though, and the work took only a one day. It was an expensive experience.
The surrounding towns have lots of fun summer events such as farmer markets and evening street music. The kids were so cute.
We tried rolled ice cream for the first time, it was SO good. The kids enjoyed watching the process happen.
We built a shed! It's not perfect, but will get the job done. The hope is to free up more room in our garage so we can fit both cars into it this winter. It was miserable trying to shovel/plow our driveway last year and I had enough. The shed is big enough to fit stuff like the family bikes and the kids' toys.
No comments:
Post a Comment