Friday, January 28, 2022

Product Review: Custom Yacht Braid Lead by Sunset Halters

It's been awhile since I've done a product review post. I really missed sharing about neat equine related things that I get to try out. I was contacted by Sunset Halters last month that I won a raffle for a custom 12ft yacht braid lead rope. This news was definitely a nice way to start off the new year.

The ordering process was easy and hassle-free; the hardest part was picking out what colors I wanted for the lead and decorative knot. Less than a week after sending in my order details, I got a USPS tracking number and my product arrived within one week...Talk about a quick turnaround, wow.  

So pretty in purple and black <3

The lead rope did not come with a snap (it's an additional cost for snaps) but it was an easy fix- I just attached an extra snap that I salvaged from an old frayed lead rope and it was good to go. I was impressed by the neat splicing work and the decorative knot gives it that extra customized detail. The 9/16" width definitely gives the lead a heavier feel compared to regular lead ropes and lends a nice weight in the hand. Nothing better than a functional piece of tack that also looks and feels good. 

Nice little details like the embossed sun stamped on the popper.

The 12ft length is very generous and will make it easy to tie pretty much anywhere at the barn or from the trailer. The length isn't too unwieldy to to store in a saddle bag yet it is long enough that if Quest needed a refresher while on the trails, I can hop off and do groundwork safely. 

The website mentions that the material is abrasion, rot, mildew, snag and fade resistant so time will tell how the the lead rope holds up to frequent use at the barn. 

So far though I'm pleased with the quality of product that I received and am impressed with amazingly fast turnaround time from order to delivery. The price will run you about $40 plus shipping. If you're looking for a good quality yacht rope product, be sure to check out Sunset Halters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment