Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Winter Days

The colder weather has definitely set in and everyone- both human and horse - are now bundled up warm and toasty under fluffy coats and blankets. 

We stopped by the barn this past weekend for a quick visit/grooming session and to drop off gifts for the staff. I try to make it a point to thank them during the holidays for all the hard work they do keeping Quest's stall clean and her turnout pasture safe every single day. I have been unable to make it up to the barn as often as I would have wanted the past couple months but knowing she's getting quality care gives me peace of mind. 

 

For those who don't do social media or FB, I have BIG news to share: My husband and I found out a couple weeks ago that we are having a baby girl! It's very exciting to be rounding out our little family with a fourth member and maybe another future equestrian. Thankfully C has a natural affinity for animals and loves horses...but I'd be only so lucky to have not one, but TWO horse-loving kids. 

We have a name picked out for baby girl but won't be sharing that until she arrives in the spring. Until then, it's a flurry of preparation to finish setting up C's big boy bedroom and getting ready for an actual, in-person baby shower. We can't wait to celebrate with all of our close friends and family this time around vs while expecting C in 2020. 

So... hence the lack of riding posts lately and in the past few months, it was all for good reason. Even with my medical history, I'm low risk but it's always better safe than sorry. And to be honest, Quest probably enjoyed her semi-vacation and we'll be back to the trails we love in no time.  

Here's to a happy and healthy end to 2022, dear fellow bloggers and readers! See you all next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment