Friday, February 24, 2023

NaMoPaiMo 2023 = Complete!

NaMoPaiMo or National Model Painting Month is an annual event that takes place each February with the goal for customizers to start and finish a model horse within the month. This year the rules were expanded to allow for completion of a model that was started before the event and also welcomed international participation. 

I honestly thought I wouldn't be able to participate, let alone finish a model, for this year's event but I somehow managed to get it done! 

Breyer Stablemate Arabian Stallion "Twist" repaint. This is one of my favorite molds that I conga.

After finding out mid-2022 that we were expecting, I was forced to take a break from customizing when the nausea got really bad. By some miraculous timing, I finally started feeling much better towards the end of January enough to slowly get back into it. I had a few client projects sitting on my desk untouched and got to work the beginning of February. 




After much prep, painting, and detailing I managed to get not one but three models done before the end of the month for NaMoPaiMo. I'm really pleased to have accomplished this especially after such a long time away. 

My project queue is full of fun things coming up and I'm hoping to use the time during my leave later this year to make headway during baby downtime. This is very optimistic thinking obviously but here's to hoping! 

1 comment: