Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Thankful

1. For having a job to continue to afford riding and horse ownership
2. For remaining healthy and physically capable to ride
3. For my non-horsey family becoming slowly more accepting of my horsey-ways


4. For having the opportunity to train and compete my own horse in our first CTR
5. For learning a difficult, yet valuable lesson in patience...some things just take a LOT of time
6. For good friends willing to let me borrow their ponies when I needed saddle time


7. For finding and moving into a new barn with exactly what Quest and I need right now
8. For my adventure mare returning back to 100% soundness
9. (Not as grateful) for moody mare tantrums and jiggy antics...but if you don't have some bad days, you can't appreciate the good days


10. For having a horse partner willing to go the distance and eager to explore trails solo with me
11. For a mare willing to forgive my mistakes yet demands my headspace in the here and now to be a better rider, a better leader
12. For the chance to dream and scheme about distance riding again

6 comments:

  1. <3 this! So awesome to look around and be grateful for the good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad to hear that all is going so well now with Quest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much to be thankful for! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete